There are currently no product reviews.
I want to give you a real heads-up for your desire to enable such people as I to acquire the information I need to maintain the older types of equipment such as this Akai HXA351W. You do a swell job with all the processes you have to perform so I can have a legible, thus usable
document which does not send me crazy trying to figure out the blurry text of a bad copy.
Very well done, Thomas.
This manual is very well presented and after printing out looks about as close to an original as I think you can get. The quality is second to none.
The content of the manual is comprehensive and I think it would be well suited to an audio repair professional which I'm not but I did find it very informative and helpful.
The cost of the manual is more than covered by the money I'll save when I change the keep memory battery now I have the relavant info.
Very pleased with my purchase and can recommend it wholeheartedly as I can other manuals I've downloaded from this site.
Complete manual including mechanical part in good pdf quality. Shaded greys of the pcb due to pdf not perfect but usable.
Nice pdf file of the manual sent promptly. Thanks.
Complete MFG Service Manual at a good price FAST !
SECTION 2 ADJUSTMENTS
2-1. VS, VD Voltage Adjustment (PDM-4210/5010)
â¢ Preparation for adjustment
1. Slide the DIP switch (S3201) No. 8 of P board to on position with no silkscreen mark r. 2. Connect a digital voltmeter to the following terminals of G board. VS voltage=G board TP1701 (VS)-TP1502 (GND) VD voltage=G board TP1501 (VD)-TP1502 (GND) 3. Connect a AC cord in DISPLAY UNIT. 4. Perform the adjustment in 10 seconds after connecting the cord. values of 6500K, 8000K, 9300K, 10000K and 13550K to following values of X/Y.
W/B standardized values:
6500K+8MPCD W/B X Y 0 0.3133Â±0.003 0.3297Â±0.003 10000K W/B X 3 0.2806Â±0.003 0.2883Â±0.003 8000K+8MPCD 1 0.2944Â±0.003 0.3100Â±0.003 13550K 4 0.2684Â±0.003 0.2700Â±0.003 9300K+8MPCD 2 0.2838Â±0.003 0.2981Â±0.003
â¢ Procedure for adjustment
1. Slide the DIP switch (S3201) No. 7 of P board to on position with no silkscreen mark r. 2. Confirm the lighting of SONY LOGO LED. 3. Adjust the VS voltage to the following voltage value. VS voltage
6. After adjusting the values, at the values of the âSCNRâ or âSCNBâ exceeding 128 (initialize value). 1) Reset a lager value of the âSCNRâ or âSCNBâ at 128. 2) Set the White Balances with the last of items and âSCNGâ to the X/Y values above. 7. After the above step, when these item are nonqualified following conditions, set the largest one at 128 and readjust the White Balance with the last two item. 1) No one of âSCNRâ, âSCNBâ and âSCNGâ exceeding 128. 2) Confirm the item value 128 at least one item. 8. As a result above, input the sequential number of value to the âSCNRâ, âSCNBâ and âSCNGâ. 9. Repeat the same step 5 thru 8 for the W/B 1 thru 4 after setting the â0 WBNOâ at each W/B number. 10.Input following signals from the Signal generator (VG828D). 1) All-white signal (255/255) input Y (luminance)=45cd/m2 or more 2) 1/25Window (255/255) input Y (luminance)=45cd/m2 or more
of proper value for each model.
Ex.) VS proper value=185V thru 185.6V at 185V. (Check the proper value with a seal on upper left of panel unit. Refer to right Fig.) 4. Adjust the VD voltage to the following voltage value. VD voltage Â±0.3V of proper value for each model. Ex.) VD proper value=64.7V thru 65.3V at 65.0V. (Check the proper value with a seal on upper left of panel unit. Refer to right Fig.) 5. Check a Fan rotation. 6. Slide the DIP Switch (S3201) No. 7 of P board to the off position with the silkscreen mark r. 7. Slide the DIP Switch (S3201) No. 8 of P board to the off position with the silkscreen mark r. 8. Disconnect an AC cord of DISPLAY UNIT. 9. Reconnect the AC cord in one second. 10. Assure that âPOWER ON/STANDBYâ LEDs is flashing amber.
2-2. White Balance Adjustment (PDM-4210/5010)
â¢ Measurement equipment
1. Color analyzer (CA-100 manufactured by MINOLTA) 1. Signal generator (ASTRO DESIGN VG-828D)
â¢ Measuring procedure
1. Dab the W/B adjustment jig (CA-100) at the glass face of the panel. 2. Connect the Signal generator (VG-828D) to the DVI terminal. 3. Input All-white signal and set the picture mode to DYNAMIC. 4. SelectâPNLCTRLâ in the service mode menu and set â0 WBNOâ at â0â 5. Select âSCNRâ âSCNBâ of âPDPWBâ in the service mode menu, and then adjust following W/B standardized KDE42XBR950/KDE50XBR950 (UC) 2-1E